Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Image of Christ

"God calls us to pray and think and dream and plan and work not to be made much of, but to make much of him in every part of our lives." -John Piper, "Don't Waste Your Life"

Wow. Can you imagine how radically different our world would be if each of us sought after this? To not be made much of, but to make much of him in every part of our lives.

How often I find my attention drawn inward on myself. Focused on my needs. My desires. My insecurities. My reputation.

To not be made much of, but to make much of him in every part of our lives. That is powerful.

I pray Christ work in our hearts, giving us contentment and completion in Him. I pray He continually remind us by Whom we are defined, and I pray we may be a reflection not of ourselves, but Christ; that there may be less of us and more of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment