Friday, March 26, 2010

Relentless Love

Jesus Christ loves me with a relentless love. Though I am faithless, He remains faithful. His love never fails.

Though I did not love God, He loved me and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for my sins. He laid down His life that I may have Life.

Jesus Christ came to seek and to save the lost. He came to seek me. I am deeply in need of a Savior.

“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—having a form of godliness but denying its power” (2 Timothy 3:1-5). 2 Timothy 3:1-5 describes my life before I knew the Lord. I was consumed by a consuming self-love, and while I told myself I was happy, deep within I was empty, broken, and hurting.

I was awakened to the Gospel when I was awakened to my brokenness. Jesus became beautiful when my sin became detestable.

I nailed Him to the cross. It was my sin that held Him there. Oh what great love that He would die for a sinner like me!

Jesus Christ has set me free from myself and given me new life. In my emptiness He has brought fulfillment. In my brokenness He has brought redemption. In my hurt He has brought healing. His mercy and love I do not deserve.

Jesus gave everything for me. Oh for grace to give everything for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment